The UK government is offering qualifying households a free boiler grant in 2024. We understand that most people have many questions about eligibility and the application process, and we are here to help.
Everyone deserves a warm and comfy home, especially during the frigid winters in the UK. Thanks to the Energy Company Obligation Scheme (ECO), you may be eligible for a free boiler grant. If you qualify, you could take advantage of the boiler grant and get an A-rated boiler installed in your home in 2024.
What is the ECO4 Scheme in 2024?
The Energy Company Obligation Scheme is an initiative created by the UK government to help those in low-income households transform their homes to become more energy efficient, cut carbon emissions, and help people out of fuel poverty.
The ECO4 scheme offers a boiler grant to help ensure this process is accessible to everyone, especially those who need it the most but can’t afford a new boiler.
One of the main goals of the ECO4 scheme is to dramatically reduce the carbon footprint, improve our environment, and save the planet. One of the methods to help accomplish this goal is to help people replace outdated or broken boilers by getting a new modern super energy efficient one to help reduce carbon emissions and save households more money.
The next goal on the agenda is to help support low-income families and those in need to replace or install a brand new boiler for free. Installing a new boiler can be expensive; many UK residents need help. Thanks to the ECO4 scheme and the boiler grant, many households will be warmer and save money in 2024. Continue reading to find out if you qualify for the boiler grant.
Who is Eligible for the ECO4 Boiler Grant in 2024?
Many people may qualify for the ECO4 boiler grant. However, the boiler grants primarily focus on homeowners and private tenants needing energy-efficiency upgrades to their homes and boilers.
The following factors indicate that specific individuals and households meet the eligibility criteria.
Homeowners and private tenants who meet the eligibility requirements and homes with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) with a D rating or lower may qualify.
If you or some members of your family are receiving any of the benefits below, you may be eligible for the free boiler grant:
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Child Benefits
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Pension Saving Guarantee Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Housing benefits
It is essential to understand that the free boiler grant is only available to those who genuinely need financial assistance to install a new boiler and improve the energy efficiency of their home. Those who meet the eligibility criteria and have a boiler that needs to be updated, fixed, efficient, or don’t have a boiler at all may be entitled to a free boiler replacement under the 2024 ECO4 scheme.
Along with the free boiler grant that the ECO4 scheme may offer, other opportunities for support and funding include cost-saving and energy-efficient improvement, including heating controls, insulation and renewable energy systems.
The ECO4 scheme is part of the UK government’s initiative to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and help households reduce their carbon footprint and energy bills while improving their comfort and living conditions.
Benefits of the Boiler Grant
While receiving a free boiler is exciting, the benefits you will experience are even better. The advantages of installing a new modern, A-rated boiler go beyond receiving the grant, which will save you a significant amount of money because the UK government will be covering the cost.
Other benefits include the following:
- Save money on your energy bills — When you install a new, modern, energy-efficient boiler, you will save a significant amount of money on your energy bill. They work efficiently and will ensure your home is toasty and warm without breaking the bank.
- You will have consistent and reliable heating — Older boilers, broken down and in constant need of repair, struggle to provide homeowners and renters with consistent heating, leading to health issues and extreme discomfort in winter. Installing a new A-rated boiler will ensure that your home has consistent and reliable heating throughout the cold winter months.
- Your home will be more energy efficient — A significant benefit of a new boiler is that it will increase your home’s energy efficiency and EPC rating, which will also increase its value.
- Reduce carbon emissions and your carbon footprint — Part of the goal of changing out old inefficient boilers is to reduce the carbon footprint of each household, which helps to reduce the overall carbon emissions in the UK. A new boiler is an excellent benefit for you and our planet. Going green in 2024 is much easier thanks to the boiler grant, which will help you update an essential part of your home and become a more energy-efficient household.
How Do You Apply for the Boiler Grant in 2024?
If you qualify for the ECO4 boiler grant, it is time to apply! Here is what you do next.
- Locate a Certified Installer — If you live in the Midlands and the surrounding areas, find a certified ECO installer to install your new boiler. It is of utmost importance that the installer is accredited, experienced and understands the complexities of the ECO4 scheme.
- Ask for an Assessment — Have an accredited energy assessor do an EPC assessment on your property. The EPC assessments help determine your eligibility and will give you essential information on improving your home energy performance.
- Apply for the Boiler Grant — Your certified installer can help you with the application process.
- Get Your Boiler Installed and Validated — Once your application is improved, your certified installer will install your new modern boiler and any other energy-efficient improvements that are necessary and available. Remember there may be other grants and funding available depending on your home and eligibility that your certified ECO installer can help you with, including underfloor insulation, wall insulation, loft and rafter insulation and more.
Simply ECO Ltd. Is Here to Help You Determine if You Qualify for a Boiler Grant in 2024
Now is the time to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to upgrade your boiler through the ECO4 scheme and keep your home warm and cosy for years!
As a certified ECO installer in the Midlands and surrounding areas, Simply ECO Ltd. is here to help you apply for the boiler grant, install your new boiler, install under-floor insulation and loft insulation, and make other energy efficiency improvements.
Contact us today to prepare your home for the winter and determine your eligibility for the free boiler replacement grant in 2024!