Under floor insulation is something many don’t realise they need. But in the colder parts of the year, it may become more apparent when heat escapes through the floor, and you feel cold drafts make their way up through your floorboards. Insulating underneath your floorboards is less disruptive than you’d think, and more often than not, an installer only requires one access point.
This article will walk you through what you need to know about under floor insulation. We will also provide information that you can use to determine if you are eligible for an under floor grant.
What Are the Benefits of Under Floor Insulation?
Under floor insulation has plenty of benefits for your home:
- Savings: In the long run, constantly turning your thermostat up due to heat loss through your floors can have a costly effect. Adding floor insulation creates a symbiotic efficiency with your heating, ventilating and air conditioning, causing each not to work as hard to keep your home warm or cool.
- Added comfort: Once a floor insulation system is installed, you’ll immediately notice how much more comfortable your home feels. Since your home will not lose heat as quickly, your floor stays a lot warmer for longer.
- Soundproofing: With your under floor insulation, you are completing the entire insulation system of your home, which offers the benefit of soundproofing. You’ll find that this soundproofing makes a big difference if your home is near a busy street or intersection.
- Better air quality: Without an insulated floor, you can improve the quality of your indoor air considering outside air can no longer bring things in like dust, pollution, or pollen. With proper insulation, less disruptive particles enter your home that can cause health issues, or that may stir up allergies.
Cost of Under Floor Insulation
Underfloor insulation is usually is fully funded by the energy companies when installed alongside another measure such as a boiler. Contact Simply Eco Ltd today to see how we can help.
Do You Qualify for an Under Floor Insulation Grant?
In order to be eligible, you must own a home or have permission from your landlord to get the improvements done. The amount of support and what energy-efficient improvements are approved are up to the discretion of the energy company. We can help with advising what you are eligible for.
However, there are several factors that make it more likely that you’ll qualify:
- If you get the Warm Home Discount in the ‘core’ group, get eligible benefits and fit the income requirements
- Live in social housing with an EPC rating of E or lower (check your energy performance certificate or ask your landlord or social housing association)
If someone in your household received any of the following benefits, you may be eligible to receive a grant to replace your boiler.
- Child Tax Credits (CTC)
- Child Benefits
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Support (IS)
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Warm Home Discount Scheme Rebate
- Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit Saving Credit
Simply Eco Ltd has customer support agents ready to help determine if you are eligible for ECO funding.
Find Out if You Qualify for an Under Floor Insulation Grant
As a Green Deal Approved installer, we at Simply Eco Ltd assist consumers in fuel poverty to access government grants and carry out home energy efficiency improvements. Our key services are boiler replacements, under-floor insulation and loft insulation installs. We strive to provide excellent customer service with our workmanship, and we guarantee all materials.
We can provide a comprehensive survey at zero cost to determine if your property qualifies. So get in touch with us today to see if you are eligible for free Under Floor Installation.